- MA, American/Labor Studies, Rutgers University
- BA in Philosophy-Sociology (honors), City College of New York
- 2007-present: David Rosen Consultants
Business development & marketing services.
- 2005-2008: ComCam International
West Chester, PA — Vice President, Corporate Development; wireless video service provider; IPO in Q-3 2009.
- 1993-1999, 2002-2005: Praxis Media
San Francisco, CA — Co-Founder & Managing Director; consulting firm.
- 1999-2002: AVS/MuSE Technologies
Albuquerque, NM and Boston, MA — Vice President, Marketing & Business Development; CAD and online software tools supplier; IPO Q-2 2002.
- 1989-1992: Commodore International
New York, USA and Frankfurt, Germany — Director, International Marketing; launched first CD-ROM system.
- Sex Scandal America: Politics & the Ritual of Public Shaming (Key)
- Off-Hollywood: The Making & Marketing of Independent Films (Grove Press), expanded from a study originally commissioned by the Sundance Institute and the Independent Feature Project
- Contributor to AlterNet, CounterPunch, Filmmaker Magazine, MediaChannel, FilmInFocus, Harvard-Neiman Watchdog, Hollywood Reporter, San Francisco Focus and Red Herring online, Z Magazine, Brooklyn Rail, Sexuality and Culture, Eureka Street (Australia) and Counterpoint (India).
Board of Director & Advisor
- Independent Television Service (ITVS/PBS; Treasurer)
- Film Arts Foundation (FAF)
- Video Collection, Museum of Modern Art
- National Video Resources (Rockefeller Foundation)
- Benton Foundation
- Rep. Richard Gephardt